Thursday, 6 December 2012

Evolution of a Panel

So I finally got a 2 player panel (2L12B) which has the Start buttons centered that will match the 2 player overlay.

It was a pretty straight forward process:
  • Clean the panel
  • Apply the overlay, adjust as necessary.
  • Trim the excess material
  • Cut out the holes
  • Fit the buttons and sticks
  • Wire up with some of FrancoB's aaesome looms
  • Fire up!
It wasn't all plain sailing though. I used a light spray of soapy water to reduce sticking and llow easy adjustment of the overlay. In my eagerness I didn't let the overlay and panel fully dry out so as a result I have some bubbling. I also have to sand the edges after trimming.
It's not bad but it's not perfect either. I'll know for next time.

Anyway onto the montage!






No comments:

Post a Comment